Introduction to Brush Lettering & Love Letters
time & location
about this event
Tis' the season to fall in love and create your own framed love letter to give to a special someome! Bring a couple of friends or family with you to enjoy well-deserved social time and creativity whilst learning brush lettering and creating your framed work of art! This is an event which is sure to bring love, laughter and happiness.
Whether you’re a typography fan, or simply want to try your hand at something new and creative, I would love you to join my Brush Lettering & Love Letters Workshop. You’ll be taught by me, Sam Palmer a graphic designer and lettering artist.
- Guests will be provided with a glass of Prosecco or Hot Drink & and a treat.
- You will be given a complete set of materials which you can take away with you after the class, including guide sheets, my preferred brush pen. You will also be provided with practice paper, a good sheet of paper for your final work and a frame to frame it.
- This class starts from the very beginning so don't worry if you're an absolute beginner. I will introduce modern brush pen lettering and the many ways you can use it.
- You'll start with exercises to practice making strokes and shapes. You’ll take these basic techniques into letterforms, in lowercase and uppercase, with plenty of help and guidance on hand. You'll then practice writing words and samples of love quotes ready to start creating your own final piece.
- By the end of the workshop you'll be well on your way to developing your own brush lettering style and with the materials you get to take home you will be able to practice...practice...practice, hang your framed love letter in your home or wrap it up and give as a gift this Valentine's day.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. This is an e-ticket – please bring with you the email confirmation on your phone (no hardcopy ticket will be posted).
- Brush Lettering & Love Letters£45£450£0